Carbon dioxide (R–744) is regaining its place in the refrigeration world. Driven by environmental concerns, legislation is requiring increased adoption of ‘alternative’ refrigerants, of which CO2 is one.
CO2 is a very attractive refrigerant from an environmental perspective. Zero ODP and “GWP” (Global Warming Potential)=1 means natural substance in the atmosphere.
In Europe a step-by-step HFC reduction has been in place since the F Gas regulation was introduced in 2015.
In fact, not only in Europe but also other countries all over the world have actively been preparing to enact the necessary domestic legislation to implement the agreement for reducing the use of HFCs.
Panasonic is now able to provide a solution in Europe with CO2 refrigeration systems to prevent global warming and to support environment-friendly retail operations.
The following table shows how well R744 (CO2) performs regarding environmental impact and safety.
1) Direct influence presents the effect of refrigerant leakage comparing R744 (CO2) with R404A. 2) Indirect influence presents CO2 emissions linked to power consumption of CO2 unit and conventional units.
By Panasonic research in Japan. Comparing 6 shops average for R404A inverter multi condensing unit.
Eg. CO2 condensing system for refrigeration + A2W system for heating.
Heat Recovery system can produce not only refrigeration but also heating by heat recovery.
1. Medium temperature. 2. A2W Aquarea. 3. MT (or Low temperature). 4. New Heat Recovery. 5. Water Heat Exchanger
* Simultaneous operation with LT and MT is not possible.
CO2 transcritical condensing units CR Series
Ambient temperature: 32°C, 400V, Compressor: Operation frequency: 60 S-1, Refrigerant: R744, suction gas temperature:18°C.
Ambient temperature: 32°C, 400V, Compressor: Operation frequency: 60 S-1, Refrigerant: R744, suction gas temperature:18°C. * Tentative.
* As of the end of November 18.
Convenience stores, supermarket, gas stations.
Showcase type example:
* Showcases are local supply.
** Controllers: PAW-CO2-PANEL or local supply.
*** Minimum cooling load must be 18% of the total capacity.
1. Open Showcase. 2. Walk-in Refrigerator. 3. Reach-in Freezer. 4. Dessert Showcase.
Hotel, school, hospital.
* Room size is reference. Please contact to authorized Panasonic dealer for calculation.
Saving installation time with Plug & Play kit.
Modbus Compatibility with Monitoring System.
Standard boss & boss-mini